Are you looking for the perfect venue for your next conference or function? St Mary’s College has a variety of facilities available for hire for corporate events, seminars, workshops and performances, and a chapel for christenings and weddings. Set in beautiful grounds, St Mary’s College provides the ideal setting, offering guests a warm and inviting atmosphere in close proximity to Melbourne’s CBD.
For more information, please view or download our St Mary’s College Conference & Event Planning Guide
Whether you have a small group of 10 people, or a large group of 250, or anything in between, St Mary’s has a space to suit your requirements.
The following spaces are available for hire throughout the year:
- Perfect for corporate seminars, workshops and presentations.
- Seats 200 guests, or accommodates 250 people for a stand-up cocktail event.
- Beautifully refurbished in 2009, offering warmth and comfort.
- Separate entrance with wheelchair access.
- Relax and enjoy our exceptional hospitality in this refined, elegant setting – ideal for smaller cocktail parties, board meetings or seated dining for up to 16 guests.
- Tastefully decorated with beautiful furniture – including leather Chesterfields and a quality, antique timber dining setting.
- Tea and coffee-making facilities are available.
- A superb space for musical performances, with a built-in stage, upright piano and excellent acoustics.
- Comfortably seats 100 guests.
- Convenient entry from adjacent Tin Alley.
- Facilities include a kitchenette.
- With seating for 60 people, St Mary’s College Chapel is a beautiful, intimate venue for Catholic Christenings and Weddings.
- The Chapel was hand-crafted by Schulim Krimper (1893-1971), who was Melbourne’s premier supplier of custom-made modern furniture during the 1950s and 60s.
- Depending on the size of your wedding, the Loreto room or Frewin Room are possible options for your reception event.
Dining Room (not available all year)
- Overlooking the College courtyard, the Dining Room is ideal for corporate lunches and dinners.
- Seats up to 180 people.
- Facilities include a stage and an upright piano, data projector and lecturn.
- Our chefs will delight guests with their talented take on the freshest produce, sourced locally. Let us know your preferred menu, and any dietary requirements, and we’ll do the rest.
- We’ll happily arrange catering for your conferences. St Mary’s College boasts a full industrial kitchen, run by our talented Head Chef (of Mietta’s Restaurant fame), and supported by a dedicated kitchen team. Together, they’ll create delicious, freshly cooked meals to suit all occasions, budgets and dietary requirements, whether it be kosher, vegetarian, coeliac or halal. From exciting gourmet lunches, canapé parties and decadent morning teas, to formal three course dinners in the Dining Room, we have all of your catering needs covered. Sample menus and costs are available on request.For information and bookings, contact our Functions & Conference Coordinator on:
- Reception: (03) 9349 9555